The Holiday Inn Convention Center Stevens Point is looking for energetic, flexible, customer-oriented servers in our banquet department. We currently have four part time open positions, with breakfast, lunch and/or dinner shifts available. Our banquet servers will serve guests in a warm and friendly manner. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to respond to guest needs, and have the ability to stoop, bend, and be on your feet throughout your scheduled shifts. Alcohol Awareness Certification is a plus, but not required. This job will appeal to individuals who prefer a flexible work schedule and who can follow directions well.
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Certification (must comply with State regulations)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include Alcohol Awareness, Food handlers, Safety, etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints and accidents; Refer to management, if necessary.
- Be informed of all current hotel policies.
- Be familiar with fire exits, fire extinguisher locations and safety rules.
- Maintain the banquet store room in a neat and organized manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
- Clear banquet space after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and restocked properly.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and all of their fellow employees.
Compensation: $9.00/hr (Wage increase to $9.50 per hour after successful completion of probation period)