Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position provides professional, administrative work in a variety of Human Resources functions. The primary responsibilities of the position includes the coordination of recruitment functions and orientation of employees, assists in benefits coordination and responds to benefit questions, arranges payment for Human Resources related services, assists in training and development, assists in workplace investigations, and all other Human Resources functions necessary to maintain an effective Human Resources Department. This position has frequent access to confidential materials.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Associate degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ work experience in Human Resources/labor relations field.
- SHRM or HRCI certification a plus.
- Experience in recruitment administration strongly preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions.
Starting wage: $53,613/year
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481