Summary of Position:
A Business System Support Analyst supports a given application or applications. This entails computer programming, system administration, and the ability to analyze a given problem, diagnose it and find its root cause, and then resolve the issue. Typically a Business System Support Analyst will be responsible for supporting custom software applications programmed with a variety of programming languages and/or third party applications that require local expertise to diagnose and resolve problems that are disrupting service. The role will involve acting as a liaison between County users and the software vendor’s technical support staff.
The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. Crucially, applications are production, or live, issues and need immediate attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3 years of progressively responsible programming experience.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to write and maintain programs using RPG ILE, PHP or other high level programming languages.
- IBM iSeries systems experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server experience.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with DB2, mySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Understanding of SQL commands, tables, and SQL Management Studio.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Must pass FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department. Must not have any felony convictions.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to insured vehicle for work-related travel.
Portage County offers a ROBUST BENEFIT PACKAGE for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution and a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Email email@example.com to request the position description.