What You’ll Do
As a Data Engineer, you will deliver complex solutions and be a key contributor in the design, development, implementation and quality assurance of new and existing ETL and BI components supporting our Personal Lines Business strategic data assets. Additionally, you will:
- Provide in-depth input into the identification and development of program and data repository specifications.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new and existing programs, data repositories and data consumption methods.
- Ensure continuous operations of existing systems and programs. Ensure complete and accurate documentation.
- Provide input on choice of data integration and data consumption tools to build complex data assets.
- Adhere to Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology with focus on Agile and Iterative Business Delivery while working with a team of Data Engineers, Data Product Analysts and Data Architects.
- Maintain sensitivity to and follow all IT standards and system security procedures.
- Develop audit testing procedures, debugging procedures, and collaborate with other areas of IT to ensure system stability across the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Experience with SQL and Java, or similar languages.
- Experience in developing and supporting operational and analytical data stores would be beneficial.
- Experience in business intelligence tools and systems would be beneficial.
- Experience in developing with Apache Kafka to support stream processing would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required.
- Demonstrates a passion for building systems that have measurable impacts.
- Demonstrates innovation and technical versatility.
- Demonstrates sense of logic, decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance industry is beneficial
- Ability to work on-call hours, as needed
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
So make the right choice - with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life, choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.L96gg.e-K