The Portage County IT department is looking to hire an IT Analyst II to join the team!
What are the main job responsibilities?
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Installs, configures, modifies, and repairs equipment for employee use.
- Performs and ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair with systems staff and vendors.
- Acts as a respondent for the IT Help Desk line and provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 assistance to callers maintaining an accurate and detailed work log in the ticket system. Evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in person requests from users experiencing problems. Escalates more complex issues to appropriate IT staff.
- Performs adds, changes, and deletes for network, phone, and email accounts as directed.
- Applies functional knowledge and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues related to problems with hardware, software, networking, “voice over internet protocol” (VOIP) phone systems, mobile devices, remote desktop configurations, and other computer-related issues.
- Performs daily datacenter functions which involve monitoring the systems for possible error messages and taking corrective action.
- Develops and maintains resolution procedures for supported systems in a support Wiki.
- Updates website content and pages.
- Performs general business functions of the department. This includes preparing purchase requests, maintaining equipment inventory control, and maintaining individual p-card accounts.
- Screens visitors and telephone calls and routes appropriately; assists customers by providing information concerning IT services, explains IT policies, procedures, and guidelines; resolves problems within area of assignment; researches information as needed.
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level.
- 3 years technology support experience.
- Experience with call tracking systems.
- Experience with over the phone and remote desktop control problem resolution.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office 2010/2013.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for work related travel.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Citrix support experience preferred.
- Cisco switching and router support experience preferred.
- Must pass FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department. Must not have any felony convictions.
Portage County offers a great benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include:
TO APPLY: Visit us at https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution and a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance???????
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan