Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
The IT Network Supervisor will install, maintain and repair local and wide area networks. This includes implementing complex network configuration changes, upgrades and expansions accurately, configuring and testing routers, switches, VOIP phones, wireless access points and other related equipment. The Network Supervisor will possess the skills necessary to identify and troubleshoot reported issues and remedy minor issues while receiving guidance during escalation on major issues. The Network Supervisor will help define procedures and processes that ensure a consistent, secure, and reliable computing environment.
To obtain a full copy of the job description email email@example.com
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4 years network administration and support experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for work related travel.
- Cisco switching and router support experience preferred.
- VMWare support experience required.
- Citrix support experience required.
- Sophos Firewall support experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office 365 experienced preferred.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 Windows Vista/7/8 required.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS/DHCP Server, SQL Server, Exchange 2010/2013, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office 2010/2013 required.
- SAN/NAS familiarity required.
- Ubuntu Linux support experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must pass FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department.Must not have any felony convictions.
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481