STARTING SALARY: Apply for more info
LOCATION: Stevens Point, WI and Central WI
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com
PSOL is a successful information technology firm located in Stevens Point, WI. We are looking for a Network Administrator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone to hit the ground running in a fast paced, tech heavy environment. Primary responsibilities will include designing, implementing, and supporting stable, secure, and efficient corporate networks, network monitoring, organizational development, proactively solving IT issues, supporting users on all levels and driving IT. This position will also have exposure to physical security, VoIP, and MUCH MORE. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in network administration and support with excellent troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn new technologies and procedures. The overall nature and scope of the position could potentially evolve as the candidates skills expand, leading to additional responsibilities and a deeper role within our company.
We offer an excellent employment package of competitive salary, benefits, and an ideal work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic, fun, and stable growing company.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications, analyzing network needs and issues, secure information, and security requirements; switches/router/firewall administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Administers network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Performs administrative network tasks clients/?users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related issues.
- Maintains network performance with focus on infrastructure, remote office support (onsite and remote); troubleshooting network problems; resolve network issues escalating problems to vendor if needed.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, and maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; purchasing, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Regularly and effectively communicates with clients regarding IT issues and projects and timely and effectively responds to clients’ questions and requests.?
- Support company quality standards, policies, procedures.?
- All calls and work tickets are entered into our management software in order to track and maintain a history on each of our clients.?
- Provide network management, by maintaining and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of network.?
- Participate in a 24x7x365 third-level support team, take call on a rotating basis and be prepared to facilitate solutions for production technologies.?
- Additional responsibilities include management of hardware and software upgrades, backup and restoration of sever systems.?
- Protects organization keeping information confidential and secure
- End User / desktop support
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a team player, with high integrity
- Must be dependable with a strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn
- Thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent overall communication skills, including written, verbal & team communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and accurate time reporting imperative.?
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures and a commitment to excellence.?
- Highly motivated, possessing a strong sense of urgency, and excel at multi-tasking
- Strong organizational skills, including being very detailed and task oriented
- Be willing to accommodate a client’s needs which may involve evening and weekend work.?
- Current experience with MS Exchange and Active Directory Administration
- Ability to troubleshoot various network issues including latency, collisions, overall performance etc.?
- Ability to troubleshoot wired and wireless connectivity and performance, including 802.?1x issues, VLANs, and Network ACLs.?
- Familiarity with business VPNs, current networking technologies and security systems.?
- Familiarity with server rooms and backup power systems.?
- Current experience with configuring monitoring and alerting software
- Familiarity with Business VoIP
- Experience with SAN/NAS Storage configurations
- Technician will need to be or become proficient in:
- Windows desktop support (all makes, Windows 7, Windows 8, Vista and XP OS, Mac)
- Windows server support (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Intel server support (preferably HP & Dell)
- Exchange server support (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013)
- SQL Server support (2005, 2008, 2012)
- VMWare ESX/ESXi and Windows Terminal Services
- Web server support (IIS V6, V7, MS Application Center V5)
- Cisco routers, switches
- Cisco and Sonicwall Firewalls
- TCP/?IP networking, IPV6
- Smart Phones - all available OS
- Various client specific software applications
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.