Assists the IT Network Supervisor in setting up, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting the infrastructure environment including servers, networking equipment, and services. Technical experience is required to support physical and virtual servers, and network equipment such as firewalls, routers, and switches. Analyzes and resolves end-user hardware, software, and network problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2 years network administration and support experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for work related travel.
- Cisco switching and router support experience preferred.
- VMWare support experience required.
- Citrix support experience preferred
- Sophos Firewall support experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office 365 experienced preferred.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 Windows 7/8/10 required.
- Ability to support and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS/DHCP Server, SQL Server, Exchange 2010/2013, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office 2010/2013 required.
- SAN/NAS familiarity required.
- Ubuntu Linux support experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must pass FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department.Must not have any felony convictions.
Deadline to apply: 4:30 p.m., Thursday, December 21, 2017
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481