WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking a self-motivated professional with strong technical and analytical skills to join our Investments team. As an Investment Operations Analyst at Sentry you’ll:
WHAT IT TAKES
- Monitor statute changes and maintain knowledge of collateral deposit requirements to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate the placing, exchanging, or removing of securities with custodian banks and states to ensure appropriate deposit amounts are maintained.
- Reconcile trade discrepancies and corporate action issues by partnering with custodian banks, brokers, and portfolio managers to verify data, identify proper instructions and resolve fails to ensure timely and accurate settlements.
- Prepare and maintain investment reports for transaction history, security impairments, and compliance requirements.
- Initiate and lead procedure, system and workflow process improvements and enhancements.
- Compile bond value information and deposit requirements annually or as changes occur to complete filings and ensure our collateral requirements are met.
- Document and maintain procedures and processes for assigned middle office operations ensuring complete, accurate, and compliant information.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree in Business Administration beneficial
- 2-5 years of related work experience; CFA beneficial
- Working knowledge of institutional investment operations and a background in macroeconomics, financial analysis, accounting and/or statistical analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs (intermediate experience with the Internet, Word and Excel beneficial).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, Power Query and VBA)
- Familiarity with investment-related software such as PAM and Bloomberg
- Strong math, problem solving, research, and analytical skills
- Strong communication and human relations skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018 and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities