AIG Travel Guard supports our customers with top-quality solutions for their travel insurance needs. We help people travel more and worry less. This team is cross-trained in multiple Customer Service departments to ensure that the customers have the answers they need before they travel, and the support they need during their travel should the unexpected arise. The Resource Pool Specialist learns the ins and outs of the day-to-day Customer Service roles within multiple departments in AIG, and are able to apply their talents in many areas. There are no outgoing- "cold"- sales calls involved. The departments that the Resource Pool Specialist supports receive incoming calls from AIG Travel customers that are looking for our expertise to ensure their travel experience is first-class.
The Resource Pool Specialist's contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG, Resource Pool Specialists are the ones the clients turn to in times of need. They act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems- and the work they do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
If you like variety and enjoy flexibility, this could be your opportunity to explore!
The Resource Pool Specialist:
- Learns the functions of multiple departments within AIG Travel- Travel Assistance, White Glove Concierge Service, Establishing Policies, Answering Questions, Assisting in Emergencies, and other functions.
- Has the opportunity to cross-train in various Assistance Center departments in order to provide superior customer service- becoming a valuable resource in multiple departments.
- Works with special projects and rotation assignments throughout the company.
- Learns our products and services, and is exposed to roles in both our sales operations and travel assistance operations.
AIG provides a comprehensive multi-week training- no prior travel insurance experience is required to be successful in this role. Candidates with experience in providing excellent customer service, thinking quickly to find unique solutions, and the ability to problem solve to find the best outcome will be competitive for this role. AIG sponsors any insurance licensing requirements that are needed.
What we are looking for
- A record of providing excellent customer service (1-2 year's minimum preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to think outside the box, think quickly on your feet, and respond to high-end clientele with an equally high-end level of customer service skill
- Flexibility to work various hours throughout the day and evening
Our current shift start time is between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm, ending between 8:00 pm and 12:00 am. All shifts work Monday through Friday, rotating every-other weekend (with two weekdays off). These shifts come with an hourly shift differential increase: An additional $3 per hour on top of base hourly rate for every hour worked after 7:00 pm, and an additional $3/hour for every hour worked on Saturday or Sunday.
AIG Travel offers a first-class benefits package, and all benefits begin on day one of employment. A partial list of benefits include:
- A robust amount of Paid Time Off- with additional opportunity to take Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Automatic employer contribution into 401k account, with an additional employer match opportunity
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based annual bonus
AIG Travel in Stevens Point has a casual dress code, and a fun, friendly work environment. The Stevens Point employees enjoy the benefits of our laid back culture- with our onsite disc golf course, ping-pong table, cafe with on-site food vendors daily, walking trails and routes within the building, free coffee and tea provided, secure bicycle storage, and on-site ATM.