AIG Travel Guard supports our customers with top-quality solutions for their travel insurance needs. We help people travel more and worry less. The World Service Center- Canada Support team ensures that the customers have the information they need to select the correct blend of travel insurance products to meet their needs before they travel , and the support they need during their travel should the unexpected arise. There are no outgoing- "cold"- sales calls involved. The World Service Center takes only in-coming calls from interested customers that want to learn more about how our products can support their travel needs. Our professional staff asks the right questions to learn more about the customer and their needs, and then recommend products that would be the best fit. We provide education to customers on what travel insurance is, how it could be beneficial for their trip, and which products would be the best to support their trip. In Summary, this department generates the sales of our travel insurance policies and provides education support to current and potential customers by answering questions related to our products and services. The World Service Center- Canada Support Team support medical, accident, and sickness insurance products in addition to our standard travel insurance products. The World Service Center also responds to any emergencies that the customer may face during their travel- providing first class support in uncertain situations. This department's primary customers are Canadian residents.
The World Service Center- Canada Support team's contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG, the World Service Center- Canada Support associates are the one the clients turn to in times of need. They act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems- and the work we do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
The World Service Center- Canada Support Representatives:
- Answers incoming phone calls from Canadian customers who are seeking our products (no outgoing sales calls)
- Asks the right questions about the customer needs and the trip to determine which AIG Travel insurance products would be best suited for the customer, including medical coverage options
- Educates the customer on the different products, explains the benefit of each product, and how the product directly relates to the customer's specific travel
- Completes the sales process with the customer and the selected products
- Assists with current customers that may face an emergency during travel
AIG provides a paid training program where we provide our new employees with all of the education, support, and funding required to become a licensed travel insurance professional. The candidate selected for this position will need to complete requirements for licensing in the US and in Canada. This position has a fantastic base hourly wage, with additional opportunity to earn bonuses based on monthly performance incentives (based on sales and customer service targets). No prior travel insurance experience is required to be successful in this role. Candidates with experience in providing excellent customer service, thinking quickly to find unique solutions, and the ability to recommend products resulting in sales will be competitive for this role.
This role works from our Stevens Point, WI location full time, however will travel to Toronto following the training period to sit for the exam to become licensed for Accident and Sickness Insurance in Canada. The travel and exam costs are paid by AIG.
What we are looking for
- A record of providing outstanding customer service within a sales or retail environment (1+ years preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to learn new accounts and updates to policies
- Experience in conflict resolution, or de-escalating tense situations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience in product or service sales is beneficial, but we are willing to train the right individual
- English/French bilingual ability is a plus
Employment at AIG Travel in Stevens Point
This is a full time positions. The operating hours of the World Service Center- Canada Support Team are 7:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday, and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday.
All shifts work Monday through Friday, rotating every-other weekend (with two weekdays off when weekends are worked).
These shifts come with an hourly shift differential increase: An additional $3 per hour on top of base hourly rate for every hour worked after 7:00 pm, and an additional $3/hour for every hour worked on Saturday or Sunday.
AIG Travel offers a first-class benefits package to their employees, and all benefits begin on day one of employment. A partial list of benefits include:
- A robust amount of Paid Time Off- with additional opportunity to take Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Automatic employer contribution into 401k account, with an additional employer match opportunity
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based monthly bonus
- Shift differential rates mentioned above for work conducted after 7:00 pm and on weekends
AIG Travel in Stevens Point has a casual dress code, and a fun, friendly work environment. The Stevens Point employees enjoy the benefits of our laid back culture- with our onsite disc golf course, ping-pong table, cafe with on-site food vendors daily, walking trails and routes within the building, free coffee and tea provided, secure bicycle storage, and on-site ATM.