Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position is responsible to perform a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative duties in keeping official court records, providing support to the Circuit Court, Family Court Commissioner, law enforcement agencies, and all other governmental agencies such as the District Attorney’s office, Child Support, State Public Defender etc. involving the judicial branch of county government. This position also may interact with other courts and municipal jurisdictions. This position will also assist in the administration of the standard operation policies and procedures of the Clerk of Courts per Statute 59.40 and 753.30. This position will assist customers at Clerk’s front counter handling a variety of court paperwork and directing customers to the appropriate agency.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two semesters course work from an accredited vocational college or technical school in Legal, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Two years of related work experience in the legal field or interpreting and applying state statutes and Federal laws preferred.
Starting wage: $18.99/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481