Do you have a passion for books and people? The Portage County Public Library has a part time (20 hours/wk) Circulation Aide opening!
What are some of the job responsibilities?
This position is responsible for a wide variety of library-related tasks that center on the maintenance of the library collection and the circulation of library materials. Duties include;
- Checks in returned and delivered materials, sorts these materials, and reshelves materials according to alphanumeric classification system.
- Maintains the order of materials on shelves.
- Performs a variety of basic circulation desk, clerical and data entry activities.
- Cooperates with other library personnel in carrying out the library's mission.
- Maintains rapport with public by responding to their various library-related requests efficiently and cheerfully.
This position includes regularly scheduled daytime, evening, and weekend work. 20 hours/week, typically at the Portage County Public Library, Stevens Point; however, may assist at other county public library sites (Plover, Rosholt, Almond) as scheduled or necessary. May drive library vehicle. May receive day-to-day instructions and/or assignments from the Library Specialist in circulation work unit. On evenings or weekends when the Public Services Librarian and Library Specialist are not available, may receive workflow redirection from the Library Associate covering the Circulation Desk.
What are the minimum requirements?
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Library experience helpful, but not required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license and good driving record
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits included with this position are as follows;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Health and Fitness Reimbursement
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer