Must relate well with the public, other library staff, volunteers, children, and young adults, be adaptable and flexible. Basic clerical, office equipment, and computer skills including the Internet required
Cooperates with other library personnel in carrying out the library's mission. Maintains rapport with public by responding to their various library-related requests as efficiently and cheerfully as possible.
24 hours/week; this position works at all branches (Plover, Stevens Point, Rosholt, Almond) as scheduled or necessary; a Sunday rotation at Stevens Point included. Drives library vehicle to branch libraries and various sites throughout county as necessary. This position includes weekend and evening work. May receive day-to-day instructions and/or assignments from senior staff while working at 1001 Main Street, Stevens Point.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and good driving record.
- Prior library experience preferred.
- Some familiarity with children's literature and/or childhood education preferred.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481715-346-1327