Production Position Summary:
Responsible for operating machines to fabricate high quality machined parts as efficiently as possible, while training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic computer navigation skills required for data lookup and documenting daily activities to specific jobs using company software.
- Position and secure work pieces in fixtures or holding devices.
- Start automatic operation of NC machine to machine parts to specifications.
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Follow a manufacturing plan which includes; set up sheets, inspection guides, and applicable work instructions, not all inclusive.
- Confer with supervisor or Level 3 operators to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors, and obtain approval to continue production.
- Must display organizational, as well as cleanliness skills to minimize the potential for human error oversights.
- Removal of burrs from machined parts using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work is performed largely in a manufacturing environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
Spends prolonged periods of time standing. Some exposure to noise, dirt, minor vibrations and chemicals/solvents. May be required to lift, carry or push up to 40 pounds.
Candidates must be able to work a rotating 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 nights on schedule. Shifts are 11 hours with start times of 6am/7pm or 7am/6pm. An example of the required schedule is above.
Starting pay is $12.00/hour. Shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shifts. We offer an exceptional benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision & Prescription coverage, paid Vacation and Holidays, 401k plan, Company paid Life & Disability Insurance coverage and more. Pointe Precision Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pointe Precision is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and any other legally protected class. Pointe Precision, Inc. encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply.