Machine operators and forklift drivers must be able to work rotating shifts and assist in multiple areas/departments as needed.
Machine operator and forklift drivers wage starts at $14.82/hour with additional shift premiums.
Machine operators and forklift drivers must pass pre-employment evaluations and screening.
Duties of the Machine operator and forklift driver position:
- Assists with winding and packaging rolls as machine operator
- Lifts shafts into machine as required with forklift driver
- Sets up winder and adjusts slitters
- Assists with felt changes, wire changes, dryer canvas changes, and with threading machine on breaks and startups
- Assists with wash-ups on machine and crawls into white water tank and hoses down walls, scaffolding, etc.
- Removes shavings and broke as required
- Provides relief to various departments/areas, i.e., de-wiring bales and forklift driver to load bales on conveyor to fill hydropulper, machine operator, etc.
- Weigh rolls, machine operater on packaging line, roll and skid labeling
- Performs general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision
- This is a relief position so will be working in several different departments/areas as needed and forklift experience is preferred