Develop and manage product formulas and formulation processes to produce high quality dietary supplements consistently and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee updates to formulas, and completion of related paperwork.
- Transform product ideas into workable formulas.
- Review cost sheets and evaluate the feasibility of manufacturing new products.
- Evaluate new and re-sourced ingredients for impact on formulations as necessary.
- Develop instructions for processing and thoroughly blending all product formulations.
- Create & review manufacturing instructions and associated documents for formulating, encapsulating, tableting, and tablet coating processes.
- Compose and execute protocols for verifying blend uniformity for new and reformulated products.
- Assist in developing specifications for raw materials and finished products.
- Actively participate in design and scale-up of production processes.
- Follow through on processing related action items initiated by deviations from Master Production Instructions.
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to identify needs for formula and processing improvements.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues as needed.
- Assist in flavor development as needed with R&D.
- Develop and initiate instructions for re-processing products as needed.
- Create & revise MRDDs, NCRs, protocols, reports, forms, SOPs, and other documents as needed.
- Be knowledgeable with raw material properties, stability, and potential chemical interactions.
- Be knowledgeable in blending and segregation concepts.
- Be familiar with the principles of manufacturing processes and associated equipment.
- Evaluate data from raw materials and completed batches to improve product quality and efficiency.
- Investigate and initiate efforts to increase product quality, efficiency, and yields.
- Investigate and advise on OOS results and stability issues as needed.
- Inform supervisor of any complications and suggest ways to solve problems and increase efficiencies.
- Review new product ideas and contract manufacturing quotes for feasibility as necessary.
- Plan individual workload in coordination with team members so that project deadlines are met.
- Review relevant literature and attend training to stay current.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in a related science field or Chemistry preferred, and 2-4 years’ experience in related science industry (dietary supplements preferred).
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship from employment visa status.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and physics; laboratory and quality systems knowledge desired.
- Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices cGMP, Regulations in 21 CFR Part 111.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (includes Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); experience in SharePoint and ERP systems desired.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to read and comprehend instructions, memos, emails, SOP’s and other materials required. Able to write legible correspondence, and effectively present information verbally to other employees of the organization. Must effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Arithmetic and basic statistics.
- REASONING ABILITY: Able to apply common sense understanding and problem-solving capabilities. Able to effectively furnish and carry out instructions in written and oral form.
- PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, lift, talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
- Tobacco Free Campus: Ortho Molecular Products, Inc. cares about the health and wellbeing of our employees. We are a tobacco free campus. There is no smoking or tobacco use of any kind in any of our buildings including our parking lots. If you want to smoke or use tobacco products, you need to leave our company premises. This applies to our employees and any visitors.
As a member of the Ortho Molecular Products team you will be eligible for health and dental benefits, voluntary benefits (disability, vision, etc.), corporate wellness program, paid time off, holiday time off, 401(k) with company match and bonus opportunities.
If you are looking for a career with a stable company where you can utilize your skills and experience to make a positive impact and build a successful long-term career, don’t wait another minute—Ortho Molecular Products is that opportunity. Apply today!