Business Analyst Operations - Hours - Monday-Friday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
This Non-IT position is focused on analytical solutions to business operations needs in a manufacturing setting to ensure that business needs are met through the optimization of our current technical system capabilities, matching problem areas in the organization with a solution through lean methods, research of capital expenditure, process improvements or existing system applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the PMO team and other department teams to understand the scope and vision of their issue and determine an effective solution from existing systems. Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Work with the user to collect requirements, establish appropriate test criteria and work with PMO to develop a solution if one does not exist. Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team. Collaborate with IT once a decision is made to effectively test, train, document, and implement the solution.
- Support business processes by thoroughly understanding the technical and business solutions available and/or work with the PMO team to create solutions.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the PMO, IT and the user.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are being met.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provide solutions that reflect the business intent and will result in the desired business behavior.
- Test and ensure quality of internally developed reports, websites, spreadsheets, NAV changes, etc. that are developed to meet the gathered requirements and be able to write documentation for internally developed products
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Completed a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Degree in Project Management, Business Operations or equivalent: or 2-4-years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Significant use of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Navision and ERP systems.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, memos, emails, SOP’s, labeling instructions and other materials required. Ability to write legible short correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization. Must effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, and multiply applying mathematical concepts when needed.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of the time, walk, lift and see, talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, step down or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job majority of the time include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on a continuous basis.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Temperature controlled facility. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- TOBACCO FREE CAMPUS: Ortho Molecular Products, Inc. cares about the health and well being of our employees. We are a tobacco free campus. There is no smoking or tobacco use of any kind in any of our buildings including our parking lots. If you want to smoke or use tobacco products, you need to leave our company premises. This applies to our employees and any visitors.
Ortho Molecular Products is a leading manufacturer of dietary supplements. With over 28 years of stability and growth, Ortho Molecular Products is a leader in the industry. Watch our company videosto learn more about our culture, mission and why our employees love working at Ortho Molecular Products.
As a member of our team you will be eligible for great benefits that include: health and dental insurance, voluntary benefits (vision, disability, etc.), 401(k) with company match, paid time off, holiday time off, corporate wellness plan and bonus opportunities.
Stop working a job and start your career with a company that is dedicated to your success. Apply today.