The Packaging Technician 2 (PT2) should be able to demonstrate the skills needed to perform every job function on their respective section with the exception of the Hayssen and Slicer. Obtain and sustain qualifications of operating at least 1 packaging machine or 1 slicing machine or equipment used for opening/cutting the bulk cheese. This position may also perform sanitation duties, as needed.
Typical positions filled by PT2’s are as follows: Fillers, Scale Operator, Debox, Lab/E21, Material Handlers, Box Prep, Cryovac, Smoke, Denester, Process/Trim, Scanner, Open/Cut
- Assist in supporting a safe and healthful work environment for all personnel through consistent support of the company’s Safety Process.
- Responsible that product is ran to specification ensuring the highest quality and help perform root cause analysis on all quality defects.
- Participate/support the SQF program and assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
- Have an understanding of the equipment in the back of the line. Be able to use it on a daily basis and make adjustments when needed (taper, labeler, scale).
- Ability to record tracking information from bulk cheese containers/LP’s to table placards.
- Remove cheese from manufacturing containers.
- Ability to operate Swiss and 640 lifts to load respective machines.
- Ability to operate Swiss Machine.
- Ability to set up and operate Single Stages.
- Understanding of all plant GMP’s.
- Ability to track product information per work order using table placards.
- Basic understanding of how to navigate to spec page in E21.
- Be able to accurately complete all of the quality check sheets.
- Perform routine quality checks.
- Hold yourself and team members accountable.
- Checks correct recording on computer screens, in reports and documents, verifies accuracy of calculations.
- Makes verbal reports to Team Leader and provides spoken information about a problem or issue.
- Participate and complete written work instructions.
- Utilize 5Y methodology.
- Available to work overtime, as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate the skills needed to perform job description.
- Be able to maintain skill set
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deliver outstanding results.
- Basic computer knowledge and math skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and good work ethics, quality work performance, attention to detail is a must, and maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and must be detail and process oriented.
- Willingness to grow with the organization.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and be able to identify and solve problems.
- Incumbent must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent attendance
Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which may require special safety precautions working around moving machines in production facilities, Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves, shoes and hearing protection may be required. Must be able to work in a cold environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to use hands/arms to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to work in multiple areas of the plant and may be exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Must have excellent vision, distant and peripheral, with the ability to identify and distinguish colors, and adjust focus.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts, high and/or confining places.