The Packaging Technician is an entry level position. The PT’s specific role may vary depending on the type of cheese product they package, but most PT’s perform basic production duties. This position may perform sanitation duties, as needed.
- Assist in supporting a safe and healthful work environment for all personnel through consistent support of the company’s Safety Process.
- Participate/support the SQF program and assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
- Responsible that product is run to specification ensuring the highest quality and help perform root cause analysis on all quality defects.
- Ability to record tracking information from bulk cheese containers/LP’s to table placards.
- Remove cheese from manufacturing containers
- Understanding of all plant GMP’s.
- Ability to sort through trim to find foreign objects.
- Perform routine quality checks.
- Hold yourself and team members accountable.
- Makes verbal reports to Team Leader and provides spoken information about a problem or issue
- Available to work overtime, as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate the skills needed to perform job description.
- Must be able to maintain skillset
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, product labels and packaging and read a digital scale.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deliver outstanding results.
- Demonstrate reliability and good work ethics, quality work performance, attention to detail is a must, and maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to grow with the organization.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and be able to identify and solve problems.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which may require special safety precautions working around moving machines in production facilities, Protective clothing or gear such as goggles, gloves, shoes and hearing protection may be required. Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to use hands/arms to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to work in multiple areas of the plant and may be exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must have excellent vision, distant and peripheral, with the ability to identify and distinguish colors, and adjust focus.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts, high and/or confining places.