Do you want to grow with us? At Ortho Molecular Products we are passionate about what we do and driven to produce dietary supplements of the highest efficacy. For nearly 30 years, we have been dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products utilizing quality ingredients and a high level of integrity. In this role, you’ll oversee and manage the Quality Control Laboratory department to consistently meet or exceed customer performance expectations. In addition, you’ll ensure regulatory compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as they relate to the testing activities at Ortho Molecular Products. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible to ensure compliance with cGMPs and applicable regulations as it relates to National and International regions of business.
- Oversee and manage all laboratory activities to ensure dietary ingredients and dietary supplements are tested in a manner which meets or exceeds cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Ensure laboratory performance meets or exceeds customer expectations and the demands of the production schedule.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of efficiency, error reduction, and cost control for the laboratory and support continuous improvement in all areas of the business.
- Design/implement lean systems and processes that meet cGMP regulatory compliance.
- Develop short- and long-term laboratory business strategies to support the company tactical planning process and objectives.
- Actively research, implement, and manage quality control systems, programs, certifications, and technology enhancements. (i.e. Laboratory Information Management (LIMS), ISO 17025)
- Responsible to maintain a collaborative work environment where people are treated fairly, honestly and in line with all federal/state/local laws.
- Manage the laboratory fiscal expense and capital budget.
- Review procedures or specifications that impact the identity, strength, quality, and purity of the finished product and raw materials.
- Evaluate compliance issues and determine remedial and preventative actions as required.
- Lead and manage all direct reports activities including conducting quarterly conversations, annual performance evaluation and providing professional development plans.
- Provide leadership for all assigned areas, and mentor and coach staff members to assure company objectives are met.
- Monitor and assist with departments training needs based on SOP’s, GMP’s and any other regulations to ensure proper technology and skill levels are met.
- Evaluate and provide formal proposals for the need for additional equipment capabilities, replacement of equipment and/or any pending regulatory testing requirements for compliance as it relates to National and International business.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers by meeting production requirements, resolving problems, identifying trends and providing consistent feedback and proactive communication.
- Assist in hosting all regulatory agencies performing audits.
- MS or BS/BA degree in a related science field and a minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in the dietary supplement or pharmaceutical industries.
- ASQ certification desirable but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, emails, SOP’s and other materials required. Ability to write legible correspondence. Ability to effectively present information verbally to other employees of the organization. Must effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply applying statistical mathematical concepts when needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, lift and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet
- Tobacco Free Campus: Ortho Molecular Products, Inc. cares about the health and well-being of our employees. We are a tobacco-free campus. This applies to our employees and visitors.
- Health and dental insurance
- Voluntary benefits (accident insurance, disability insurance, vision insurance, etc.)
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus Opportunities
- Corporate wellness program
- Gym membership
- Ample paid time off
- Opportunity for growth
Provident Nutraceuticals, a Division of Ortho Molecular Products is a leading manufacturer of dietary supplements. With nearly 30 years of stability and growth, we are a leader in the industry. Watch our company videos and learn more about our company values, culture and why Ortho is a great place to work.
Stop working a job and start your career with Ortho Molecular Products. Apply today!