Position Summary: Design, develop, test, and evaluate systems for managing production and support processes including human factors, quality control and assurance, logistics, workflow, and coordination of resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze statistical data with regard to product and process specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives.
2. Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials, equipment, and workspace to maximize efficiency.
3. Interfaces with other engineering areas within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
4. Handles customer complaints relating to quality issues.
5. Works cooperatively and communicates frequently with manufacturing on product quality concerns.
6. Resolves corrective action requests and follows up on action taken.
7. Coordinate Quality and Continuous Improvement objectives and activities to resolve problems, maximize reliability, minimize cost and increase profitability.
8. Direct workers engaged in product measurement, inspection, and testing activities to ensure consistency and reliability.
9. Formulate sampling procedures and other data collection methods and develop instructions for recording, evaluating, analyzing the data, and reporting results.
10. Lead cross functional teams in determining factors affecting manufacturing or support operations, identifying necessary actions, and facilitate implementation.
11. Formulate policies and procedures for internal operations that support and uphold the Quality Management System.
Additional Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
1. Visits customer locations to ensure their needs are being met.
2. May conduct training on quality assurance or continuous improvement related philosophies and tools.
3. Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or other Engineering related field or equivalent experience.