Join us in creating books that inspire, intrigue, and educate millions and millions of readers! The Shift Supervisor position is responsible for leading, managing, coordinating, and overseeing the day-to-day production and quality standards on assigned shift to maximize production efficiency and labor utilization.
- Direct and coordinate operations and activities within finishing department to achieve department and company goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates to ensure accurate job set up approval, time stamp sample approval, material yield, and run waste reporting and completion of scheduled priorities.
- Plan and establish work schedules, crew assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Effectively communicate with all departments to ensure schedules remain on-time. Work closely with customer service, estimating, purchasing, logistics, scheduling, and maintenance to monitor and respond to scheduling priorities and material coordination.
- In collaboration with Finishing Manager, assist in the creation, communication, and management of measurable goals for quality, safety, production, and labor utilization.
- Communicate results against published goals to department associates and use results to incorporate accountability and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Define and develop a cross training program to create a flexibly workforce allowing coverage for all key functions throughout the year.
- Resolve discrepancies in job tickets and production issues to meet on-time delivery schedules.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process control improvements within the department for cost savings, reduced spoilage and maintaining on-time delivery through the facility.
- Hire, develop, supervise, support, and evaluate associates in area of responsibility to include supporting positive employee relations; enforcing company policies, department procedures, and safety procedures; ensuring policies are administered consistently and equitably; recommending and executing personnel actions; addressing associate complaints and resolving issues; completing routine administrative tasks such as approving time and attendance, reviewing vacation schedules, etc.
- Proactively support continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
- Provide back up and cover other shifts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree plus a minimum of two years of supervisory experience in related field required. A combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of progressively more responsible work experience in related field will be considered.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to develop and lead a work environment in which cooperation, empowerment, and teamwork crew is the accepted norm.
- Ability to elevate service standards; encourage new ideas; and take smart risks.
Ability to communicate effectively; foster teamwork; and manage work effectively.
- Ability to promote inclusion; exhibit professionalism; and share information appropriately.
- Ability to focus on the customer/market; take a consultative approach to accomplishing work; and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate accountability for results; apply business knowledge; and coach for performance.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, facilitate and make decisions, and support decisions.
- Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.HOW TO APPLY