Responsible for boxing, wrapping and shipping parts to the customer. Also responsible for receiving shipments of parts, materials, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sorts floor jobs and stock jobs by reviewing paperwork for job.
2. Completes packing slips for completed parts, bags parts, and enters data into computer system. Files all paperwork appropriately.
3. Determine appropriate method (ie. UPS, Federal Express or common carrier) using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
4. Handles all incoming parts and miscellaneous deliveries. Receives in parts returned from vendors or subcontractors and verifies paperwork. Resolves all receiving problems.
5. Loads and unloads trucks containing parts, steel stock and machinery.
6. Enters and updates appropriate information in computer system.
7. Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment
8. Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
9. Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
10. Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
11. Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as cart, forklift, or sorting bins.
12. Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
Additional Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
1. Transports parts to customer and subcontractor locations.
2. Assists other departments as needed. Provides backup for Material Inventory Coordinator.
3. Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
High school diploma required. Shipping and Receiving experience preferred. The ideal candidate will possess leadership skills and have experience in process improvement or project management.
Work is performed largely in a manufacturing environment with minimal chance for personal injury. Frequent mental and visual concentration for computer usage and calculations. Work hours are normally during regular business hours; overtime may be required.
Spends prolonged periods of time walking or standing. Some exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards and chemicals/solvents. May be required to lift, carry or push up to 100 pounds.
We offer an exceptional benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision & Prescription coverage, paid Vacation and Holidays, 401k plan, Company paid Life & Disability Insurance coverage and more. Pointe Precision Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in E-Verify. Pointe Precision is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and any other legally protected class. Pointe Precision, Inc. encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply.