Would you like to work with professionals who are highly motivated and believe in teamwork and have tremendous growth potential? We are currently seeking a Skilled Maintenance Technician to work in our Stevens Point plant. The incumbent is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Provident, a Division of Ortho Molecular Products, is a leading manufacturer of dietary supplements. With nearly 30 years of stability and growth, we are a leader in the industry. Watch our company videos and learn more about our company values, culture, and team members.
- Perform facility maintenance activities including but not limited to room construction, concrete work, electrical plumbing, and general maintenance.
- Perform routine and troubleshooting maintenance on all equipment as requested
- Perform machine repair, compliance related monitoring, and work order requests daily
- Perform general HVAC systems maintenance as assigned
- Communicate complications with equipment proactively and suggest ways to solve problems efficiently
- Perform electrical repairs and/or replacement of parts
- Maintain maintenance tools and areas in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Maintain repair logs and preventative maintenance database in an accurate and timely manner
- Train machine operators and assist them in troubleshooting problems
- Maintain and update training manual and documentation according to all department SOP’s.
- Follow all relevant SOP’s related to machine operation and maintenance
- Assist in planning project, calculating materials and labor.
- Purchase approved equipment, part, and/or tools.
- Manage individually assigned projects to budget in materials and labor.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Results Driven.
- $18/hr-$22/hr (depending on experience)
- Health and dental insurance
- Voluntary benefits (accident insurance, disability insurance, vision insurance, etc.)18.00
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus Opportunities
- Corporate wellness program
- Gym membership
- Ample paid time off
- Opportunity for growth
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum 18 years of age with a completed a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4-year degree in related field industrial mechanical and electrical maintenance and/or equivalent work experience in a related industry. Experience in machine operation and repair, electrical repair and schematics required. Able to use Microsoft products and maintenance software desired.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, emails, SOP’s and other materials required. Ability to write legible correspondence. Ability to effectively present information verbally to other employees of the organization. Must effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, and multiply applying statistical mathematical concepts when needed.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, lift and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, power tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, step down or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- TOBACCO FREE CAMPUS: Ortho Molecular Products, Inc. cares about the health and wellbeing of our employees. We are a tobacco free campus. There is no smoking or tobacco use of any kind in any of our buildings including our parking lots. If you want to smoke or use tobacco products, you need to leave our company premises. This applies to our employees and any visitors.