The Portage County Health and Human Services department has a full time Economic Support Specialist / Benefit Recovery opening.
What are the primary job duties?
Provides benefit recovery functions for Economic Support programs administered through the IM Central Consortium though the following job duties;
- Evaluates referrals received from consortium staff to determine if benefit overpayment has occurred.
- Calculates overpayment amounts in accordance with individual program policy.
- Establishes claims for benefit overpayments resulting from agency error, client error, or intentional program violation in accordance with individual program policy.
- Prepares and issues all required benefit recovery-related correspondence to customers in accordance with individual program policy.
- Evaluates referrals received for imposition of program sanctions related to intentional program violation.
- Facilitates the administrative disqualification process when intentional program violation is alleged.
- Represents the agency and/or consortium at various legal proceedings, including, but not limited to, fair hearings, administrative disqualification hearings, and contested case hearings.
- Serves as a consortium resource for ES staff with regard to benefit recovery process and policy.
- Identifies consortium training needs and trends related to benefit recovery.
- Contributes to development of benefit recovery-related training and resource material for ES staff.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Two years post- secondary education in related human services field preferred.
- Two years experience as an Economic Support Worker preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
Starting pay: $20.79 per hour
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week, which includes the following;
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.33 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.5%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer