- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as Humane Society of Portage County’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Humane Society of Portage County’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Participate in organization’s Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Salary based on experience. Benefits include: PTO, holiday pay, flexible schedule, family-friendly atmosphere.
- Must have compassion for animals
- Excellent Public Relations skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments in fundraising
- Strong community outreach
- Notable Networking experience
- Ability to oversee a budget
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Grant Writing experience is a huge plus
- Non-profit experience is helpful
- Must be flexible to be available evenings and weekends, as needed to attend meetings and events