Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
- < >Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This position provides a full range of Social Service functions in the areas of conducting admissions, discharge planning, assisting residents to attain and maintain the highest quality of life possible, meeting each resident’s psychosocial needs, and by taking the position of advocate to assure the resident rights are maintained. This position also involves assisting the Director and Clinical Nurse Liaison with the planning, developing, organizing, implementation, and evaluation of the Social Service Department in accordance with the current existing Federal and State standards, as well as Portage County and Portage County Health Care Center established policies and procedures.
These are the skills we are seeking:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited University.
Certified Social Worker in the State of Wisconsin preferred. Certification required within one year of employment start date.
Minimum of one year experience as a Social Worker in a nursing home is highly desired.
Experience with computer programs required.
Starting wage: $25.77/hour
Apply at: www.co.portage.wi.us
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481