The Portage County Health and Human Services department has a full time Social Worker position opening. This position focuses on Adult Protective Services.
What are the primary job duties?
Provision of Court-Related Adult Protective Services.
- Identifies persons in need of protective services.
- Coordinates necessary evaluations and/or gathers background and evaluative data.
- Coordinates determination of competency with physician/psychologist/psychiatrist.
- Prepares comprehensive evaluations.
- Prepares orders of transfer, transportation, and dismissal as appropriate.
- Provides court testimony as necessary.
- Completes yearly WATTS reviews on persons for whom protective placements have been completed.
Provision of Community-Based Protective Services.
- Recruits and trains guardians.
- Develops corporate guardians as needed.
- Finds appropriate community or institutional placements for persons placed under protective custody.
- Coordinates in-home supportive services that prevent early or unnecessary institutionalization.
Conducts Elder Abuse Investigations.
- Investigates reported incidences of elder abuse.
- Coordinates elder abuse services with Department on Aging, Family Crisis Center, law enforcement and other community partners.
- Coordinates services designed to ameliorate elder abuse situations.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related human services field required, Master’s degree in social work or related human services field preferred.
- Three years’ experience working with a long-term care population (elderly/disabled) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with chronic mental illness preferred.
- Certification or eligible for certification in Wisconsin as a social worker preferred.
Starting pay: $26.62 per hour
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week, which includes the following;
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.33 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.5%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer