The Portage County Health and Human Services department has a new, full time Social Worker position opening! This position focuses in the Adult / Substance Abuse Services section.
Starting pay: $26.62 per hour
What are the primary job duties?
Provides Crisis Intervention, Consultation, Investigation, Coordination, and Case Management Services Relative to Possible Mental Health-Related Commitment and Other Proceedings Under Chapter 51. This includes:
Provision of Adult Protective Services, which includes:
- Discusses referral with intake worker or other referral source.
- Conducts interviews with client, family, law enforcement, medical personnel, and others as appropriate to assess the nature of the problem.
- Investigates behavior and determines appropriateness of referral to Corporation Counsel office for legal action.
- Screens information and prepares dispositional recommendations to Corporation Counsel office.
- Provides consultative services to family members before and after hearings, regarding process, options, and results.
- Provides case management and follow-along services to post-commitment clients who remain in community on an outpatient basis.
- In conjunction with treatment staff, formulates recommendations for dismissal or recommitment to Corporation Counsel.
- Provides mental health-related crisis intervention services to transients.
- Coordinates court-ordered evaluations.
What are the minimum qualifications of the position?
- Assesses individuals referred for APS.
- Coordinates required medical/psychological/psychiatric evaluations.
- Facilitates competency determinations.
- Completes court reports as required.
- Provides court testimony as needed.
- Completes Watts (annual) Reviews for individuals protectively placed.
- Assists with identification/provision of in-home supportive services as needed.
- Assists with identification/placement of institutional care as needed.
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week, which includes the following;
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a related human services field required.
- Three years experience within the last ten years working with mentally ill required.
- Three years experience within the last ten years working with elderly/disabled required.
- One year experience within the last ten years providing crisis intervention services to either elderly/disabled or mentally ill populations required.
- Certified or eligible for certification in Wisconsin as a social worker preferred.
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.33 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.5%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan