Do you have a background in social work and the passion to help members of our community? Portage County has a full-time Social Worker position available in Child & Family Services available.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution and a Traditional PPO plan)
Flexible spending account
Life insurance- premium paid by the County
Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
457B Deferred Compensation Plan
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position provides dispositional services to a complex caseload of child welfare cases involving child abuse/neglect, substitute care for children. It also includes independent living skills planning consistent with ongoing standards. It provides counseling/case management service to parents and children/adolescents and services to the Juvenile and Family Courts regarding these clientele.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
Provides Child Welfare Services Regarding Child Abuse and Child Neglect.
- Provides dispositional services in accordance with Chapter 48 Wisconsin Statutes and state department regulations
- Completes assessments, court reports, testifies at hearings, and makes recommendations regarding dispositions
- Develops, implements, and monitors comprehensive and coordinated case services treatment plans
- Consults with agency, school officials, court, law enforcement, District Attorney's office, public defender, and other assigned attorneys
- Files legal petitions and testifies in court
- Provides 24-hour juvenile court intake services
- Completes necessary documentation in the eWISACWIS computer system
Provides Substitute Care Services to Families.
- Assesses need for substitute care services (foster home, group home, residential center) for children
- Evaluates and legally implements appropriate substitute care resources for respective child's treatment needs
- Evaluates substitute care during placement period
- Provides ongoing counseling and support to the foster parents, natural family, and child during placement
- Consults with other professionals regarding substitute care placement developments and refers cased for supervisory consultation at own discretion
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or any other human services field required
- Certificate or eligible for certificate in Wisconsin as a social worker preferred
- Two years experience in the child protective services within the last five years preferred; one year experience in the juvenile court system within the last five years required, or Masters of Social Work Degree with an emphasis in Child Welfare
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of court policies and the Children's Code (Chapters 48, and 938) and Chapter 767.
- Knowledge of specialized social work practices and methods.
- Knowledge of advanced counseling theories and techniques.
- Knowledge of state Division of Community Services and county procedures.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of social, emotional, and physical behavior needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Ability to respond appropriately and effectively in crisis situation.
- Ability to assess client's problems and determine service delivery needs.
- Ability to relate to people with a wide variety of service needs.
- Ability to relate and work with co-workers and organizations.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to maintain regular, consistent and reliable attendance