The Portage County Health and Human Services department has a full time Social Worker position opening. This position is in the Children & Family Services/Child Welfare division.
Starting pay: $26.62 per hour
What are the primary job duties?
Provision of Child Welfare Services regarding Child Abuse/Neglect.
Provision of Substitute Care Services to Families.
- Performs child abuse/neglect initial assessments in accordance with state standards.
- Submits required reports for initial assessments in accordance with state standards.
- Makes determinations as to whether abuse or neglect occurred or was likely to occur according to state statutes and standards.
- Completes court reports and devises comprehensive and coordinated service and treatment plans.
- Collaborates with agency, school, court, law enforcement, District Attorney, etc., to provide necessary services to families.
- Provides information for legal petitions and testifies in Court.
Provision of Counseling to Families Referred for Services.
- Assesses need for substitute care services (foster home, group home, residential center) for children.
- Evaluates and legally implements appropriate substitute care resources in accordance with the child’s treatment needs.
- Evaluates substitute care and monitors child safety during placement period.
- Provides on-going counseling and support to the foster parents, birth family, and child during placement.
- Consults with other professionals regarding the child/family’s progress during out of home placement and refers cases for supervisory consultation.
- Completed Permanency Plans when necessary.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Utilizes advances counseling techniques and theories with families.
- Refers parents/children to services of ancillary agencies
- Provides 24-hour juvenile intake services.
- Coordinates services designed to ameliorate elder abuse situations.
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week, which includes the following;
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related human services field required.
- Certification or eligible for certification in Wisconsin as a social worker preferred.
- One year experience in child protective services within the last five years preferred.
- One year direct social work experience working with children and families or individuals with mental health or chemical dependency issues required. A Master of Social Work Degree may be substituted for work experience.
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.33 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.5%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer