We are looking for a reliable Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that all product safety and regulatory required programs are adhered to and enforced. You will be responsible for investigating deviations that may impact the product safety programs and/or product safety. This position will oversee the compliance team and work closely with operations.
An excellent Quality Assurance Manager has eyes like a hawk and solid experience in quality control. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent professional whose approval will be necessary for the continuation of a business life cycle. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations and services aiming to the long-term success of our business.
What you will do:
- Managing product safety programs (i.e. FSMA, Environmental, Sanitation)
- Manage, guide, and develop the Quality Assurance team
- Plan individual workload in coordination with team members so that deadlines are met
- Partner with manufacturing personnel in executing product safety programs
- Oversee Food Defense and Food Safety teams
- Assist in all regulatory audits and certification inspections
- Revise and standardize SOPs, policies as needed
- Conduct training on product safety as needed
What we are looking for:
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related science field. Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulations. Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (includes Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); experience in SharePoint and ERP systems desired.
- Food Safety Certification(s)
- PCQI, FSQI (desired)
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, emails, SOP’s, and other materials required. Ability to write legible correspondence. Ability to effectively present information verbally to other employees of the organization. Must effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply applying statistical mathematical concepts when needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, lift and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. as Sponsorship is not provided.
Why Join our Team:
- Health and dental insurance
- Voluntary benefits (accident insurance, disability insurance, vision insurance, etc.)
- 401(k) with company match
- Bonus Opportunities
- Corporate wellness program
- Gym membership
- Immediate paid time off
- Opportunity for growth
About Ortho Molecular Products:
Ortho Molecular Products is a leading manufacturer of dietary supplements with over 30 years of stability and growth. We work exclusively with licensed health care practitioners, helping them transform the practice of medicine through implementing lifestyle medicine and nutrition with their patients.
If you are looking to join a company where you can contribute your skills and expertise, apply today, and start an exciting new career at Ortho Molecular Products.