S.C. Swiderski is a growing construction and real estate investment company. The company designs and builds their own multi-family apartments for their professional property management division. This full-time paid internship is a great opportunity to work with the best hands on managers in the industry during the busy leasing season.
Objective: A Leasing Assistant acts as an ambassador between the public, the residents of our apartment communities and the Leasing Department. This individual works under the direction of the Site Manager, and is responsible for providing exceptional service to community residents, future residents and internal team members.
- First point of contact for incoming phone calls maintaining excellent customer service and follow through
- Familiarity with our properties, amenities and rental rates
- Assist in maximizing marketing efforts to promote assigned properties as well as assisting in coordinating rent rates
- Maximize and maintain occupancy by promptly responding to incoming phone calls and follow up as needed
- Show apartments to potential occupants(as needed) and convert them to tenants by overcoming objections and executing the application process as needed
- Process lease applications including income veri??ication, reference and credit checks; communicate with the Site Manager(s) promptly
- Assist and/or execute lease signings and marketing materials
- Problem solve potential issues and help avoid escalation
- Communicate with and assist Apartment Site Managers on the day to day operations of the property as needed
- Oversee tenant move-ins/outs including apartment inspections(as needed)
- Clean and paint common areas and apartments(as needed)
- Coordinate carpet cleaning efforts with regards to move-outs
- Arrange with the Maintenance Department any concerns that may involve their services
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment: The majority of this position is in a professional setting dealing with communications from potential occupants, residents and Apartment Site Managers as well as showing apartments at their respective locations and following up with other departments as needed. The other element of the position is the ability to either coordinate and/or maintain the grounds as seasonably appropriate, depending upon assigned location(s) as well as clean common areas if applicable. This incumbent in this role will be exposed to seasonal temperature variations, paint and sanitation chemicals on occasion.
Special Requirements: This position requires the ability to work an occasional weekend when business necessitates; this includes having the ability to answer tenant and potential occupant’s phone calls as needed. Incumbent must be flexible, have good organizational skills, be self-motivated, provide excellent customer service while multi-tasking, possess good time management skills and have the ability to communicate with people on all levels.
Required Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent as well as customer service, sales or marketing experience. Familiarity with Microsoft products is essential.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Property Management preferred. Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws is a plus as is prior property management experience.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.