POSITION PURPOSE: Assists with the development of catalog and internet merchandising plans to help the organization meet its goals. Remains future oriented, harnesses creativity and utilizes research and data analysis to help ensure the business remains competitive. Partners internally and externally to ensure product needs are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the creation of merchandising plan for catalogs using plan to actual, gift evaluation, sales data analysis, marketing plan, historical data and trend/competitor information. Assists with initial forecast and retail pricing for gifts selected.
- Sources and selects product for assigned categories. Partners with category Buyers on supplier relationships. Directs product development on new gift concepts, value engineering and troubleshooting. Responsible for product specifications, product information and photo samples.
- Assist with catalog pagination, partnering with Creative on catalog layout and photography. Responsible for catalog proofing.
- Analyzes competitors for new ideas/trends, orders samples and coordinates competitive review. Documents results and recommendations. Attends trade shows and supplier meetings.
- Responsible for category overall product quality and product presentation. Communicates regularly with Gift Assembly and Quality Control to follow up on product complaints and issues.
- Communicates with Purchasing, Creative and Marketing on a regular basis to complete development of catalog and gain the status of sign off, product finalization, product availability and discontinued items.
- Analyzes performance of gifts in season. Recommends disposition for product not meeting forecast.
- Improves returns, reships and allowances through customer feedback analysis
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Associate or BS degree in general business
- Experience in retail, buying or product development is preferred but not required.
- Ability to use retail math skills to analyze and interpret data,
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office