- Greet customers and learn what each customer wants or needs
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, care of merchandise, and warranty information to customers
- Recommend and help the customer select merchandise based on their needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Develop working relationships with clients and maintain them over time
- Heath insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Paid vacation
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Ownership Thinking company that shares profits with their employees
- Paid training
- Unlimited earning potential
- Additional bonuses and prizes for individuals selling over one million dollars in a year
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years retail experience and/or customer service experience
- Ability and the willingness to work retail hours; including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Consistently greet all customers promptly and deliver friendly and attentive service.
- Display honesty and integrity during the sales process
- Deliver sales presentations resulting in meeting or exceeding customer expectation.
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- The desire to be a winner in a fun and competitive environment
How to Apply:
- Apply online at http://www.furnitureappliancemart.com/careers/
- Send a resume to careers@FAMStores.com
- Fax a resume to 888-676-7340
- Stop in to your local store and pick up an application or drop off a resume
About Boston Inc., dba Furniture and ApplianceMart and Ashley HomeStores:
The story of Furniture and ApplianceMart begins in October 1969. Our founder, Vince Fonti Sr., then 33 years old, and his business partner Pete Gambino left their current jobs to go into business for themselves and with that decision, ApplianceMart in Madison was born! The initial investment was a modest $5000, which bought them a ten thousand square foot building that used to be a Red Owl grocery store, and the permit to do business. The odds were against them, but not only did Vince and Pete make it work, they made it prosper! Their two man show quickly grew into a successful business in Madison. In 1978 they moved into a bigger building on E. Washington St. to keep up with growing demand. Finally they were able to purchase a U Haul to use for deliveries, and hire a few helping hands. In 1983, Vince made the decision to move the company to Stevens Point, and by April the store on Church St. was up and running. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, the company is run by the second generation Fonti family. Bill, Joe and Vinnie Jr. share Vince’s spirit of exceeding even their own expectations of customer service, and overall shopping experience. Furniture and ApplianceMart now has 11 locations, in Stevens Point, Plover, Madison East, Madison West, Wausau, Rhinelander, Wisconsin Rapids, Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh, and Marshfield and over 350 employees. To this day, the brothers have never lost sight of what convinced Vince Sr. to go into business in the first place, provide the best shopping experience in Wisconsin, period. We pride ourselves on having the best selection of furniture, mattresses, home appliances and HDTVs in all of WI.