Build your future with TDS®. We’re a force for good--a diverse team dedicated to delivering incredible fiber technology to neighborhoods and businesses across the nation. Our company and culture are driven by one purpose: to delight customers and connect communities with the power of fiber-optic possibility. All we need is...you.
Imagine you have had the same slow internet and TV provider for many years, but haven’t been quite satisfied due to the number of outages that occur on a regular basis and their less-than-helpful customer support line. You don’t think you have any other options, but then a refreshingly friendly TDS Telecom Outside Residential Sales Representative shows up on your doorstep to discuss some new options for you to explore! You learn about Fiber that can run directly to your home and will provide you with internet that is more reliable, has faster speeds, saves you money, and connects you to the people you care about most.
Are you this helpful sales rep who is excited about the opportunity to help your community stay connected?
What’s in it for you?
- Average sales reps earn $60k per year -- top reps earn $100k or more!
- Uncapped earning potential.
- Discounted TDS services and products.
- Full Benefits Package -- Begins on first day of employment!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Vacation, Sick time, Personal days, and holidays
- 401k eligible after 30 days and flexible spending accounts
- Paid training and development.
- Company provided laptop and cell phone allowance.
- Generous territories and comprehensive listings of qualified leads.
- Flexible work schedule: manage your own 40hr work week between 9am – 9pm.
- Top performers and their guest are invited to an all-expense paid trip to a tropical destination-- this year we went to Jamaica!
Skills & Traits We Look For-
- Persistent, fearless, and outgoing
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to build rapport and generate referrals from customers
- Ability to handle and overcome objections
- Experience can range from entry level to career professional.
- 6+ months of sales/customer service experience – OR – current or prior military service with honorable discharge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any credentials and/or licenses necessary to sell.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Computer literate with familiarity of in-home electronics, computers, and high-speed Internet preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive, persistent, and have the ability to handle rejection in the selling process well.
- Must be a good listener and have superior people skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and be a self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with customers to educate them on cable, voice, and data services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Ability to deal with public in a professional manner.
Must be able to pass local community background checks and permitting processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write, and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment, and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may need to operate a motor vehicle during the work shift. The employee must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather. The employee must be able to ambulate door-to-door through various constructed housing units. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.