What will I be doing?
- Service, repair, and maintain air conditioning and heating systems.
- Adjust, service, repair and maintain thermostats and heating controls.
- Service, repair and maintain computer-controlled proportional damper motors and related controls.
- Estimate cost and materials for remodeling work.
- Service, repair and maintain plumbing including automatic valves and flood busters found in penal institutions.
- Service, repair and maintain detention equipment, including mechanical and electric locks, mechanical and electric door openers, remote indicating equipment, etc.
- Service, test, repair, and maintain emergency generators at County Buildings
- Service and maintain electrical equipment including 480 volt power and 277 volt lighting.
- Remodel offices.
- Shovel and plow snow. Salt and apply ice melt to sidewalks and steps.
- Supervise Facilities Management Department in absence of Facilities Director.
- Service and maintain plowing and law care equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree from a technical school in Industrial Mechanical Technology or other related skilled trade preferred.
- Five years’ experience in maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must pass Caregiver and FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department. Must not have any felony convictions.
What kind of benefits do you offer?
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a Traditional PPO plan)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Learn more about the Portage County (Stevens Point, WI) at: https://www.everythingpointshere.com