This position offers a unique opportunity to join a growing and results-oriented Corporate Communications team with one of the largest and most financially secure mutual insurance companies in the United States. It provides an exciting work environment that is fast-paced and agency like, coupled with a supportive culture and truly outstanding benefits focused on both personal and professional development.
We are seeking a highly strategic and driven communications professional to deliver creative storytelling to inspire customers, stakeholders, and associates and drive a shared belief in the company as an innovative thought leader, and a customer-centric and caring organization. This is an opportunity to explore new ways to both tell and present the story for the maximum impact, thriving under deadlines to deliver succinct and effective content quickly. In this role, you will be responsible for writing and content creation, crafting powerful narratives across a variety of formats—websites, blogs, infographics, social, videos, whitepapers, and more. You will collaborate with fellow brand journalists, as well as team members in creative, digital, and public relations to develop the best story.
What You’ll Do
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in professional writing, content marketing, and/or corporate communications at a commensurate job level.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communications skills, including editing and proofreading skill
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to build individual pieces that come together to make a powerful big picture.
- A natural curiosity and passion that helps make content interesting, innovative and newsworthy.
- An understanding of evolving content consumption trends.
- Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity.
- Instinctual collaborator with the ability to manage multiple projects and build positive relationships with people across the organization.
- Quick, smart and concise writer who is self-sufficient and meets aggressive delivery deadlines.
- Ability to keep a calm head and think clearly and quickly under pressure.
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off - including Company Holidays
- 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_QkGpt_e_K