Are you a person with great communication and writing skills and want to be able to apply them in the expanding world of technology?
Skyward has positions open for current college students to work in our groundbreaking Content Management Department as intern Technical Writers. Positions may lead to long term, full time positions with Skyward upon graduation.
As an intern Technical Writer, you will work as part of our team of writers, editors, and trainers, assisting in the writing, review, and posting of content on how Skyward software works. You will be involved in interviewing subject matter experts, creating content information on procedures, glossary items, task flowcharts, and other types of documentation content. You will learn the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and the corporate information model for how our department is creating content for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent writing skills, with knowledge of, and adherence to, standard styles of software documentation.
- Verbal communiction skills, including strong interviewing skills to be able to ask questions in order to obtain information relevant to documentation task.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to be able to work well within a team environment.
- Accuracy in work habits and data entry.
- Demonstrated skills in learning information and procedures quickly.
In order to apply for a position go to www.skyward.com/careers