Portage County is looking to hire a full-time Financial Associate I to join the team! This position provides billing and collection services for Health and Human Services.
What are the primary job duties?
- Conducts client financial assessments to determine maximum monthly payments in accordance with program requirements based on department and State guidelines. Enters financial information accurately in the County’s client billing system.
- Prepares special charge forms for client monthly cost share amounts based on information provided by HHS staff and submits for approval.
- Upon approval, updates cost share financial information for client monthly room and board cost share amount for services in the client billing system.
- Prepares community health clinic charges on special charges forms for billing and submits for approval.
- Enters and updates client information for accounts receivable programs by obtaining relevant personal, demographic, financial, or billing information in the client master financial record.
- Accesses multiple insurance online systems to retrieve insurance remittances for payments made electronically to Portage County.
- Posts all electronic and paper check payments to client accounts. Verifies and reconciles posted payments, remittances, and financial system receipts on daily basis.
- Processes all accounts receivable adjustment forms.
- Prepares billing and/or claims for immunizations and other child prevention billable services to the WI Medical Assistance HealthCheck Program.
- Reviews and maintains financial information annually for client inpatient services to monitor for changes in the client’s financial situation.
- Maintains and keeps current client accounts, folders, and financial records.
Accounts Receivable Support Services
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Prepares and enters daily staff logs in the County’s client case management system for assistance with billing services.
- Maintains the client case management system with new codes as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years’ experience of general office experience required.
- Two years’ experience in medical billing and collection practices in health care or related setting preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to successfully pass a caregiver, criminal, and financial background check.
- Must meet County bonding requirements.
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package, which includes the following;
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.15 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.8%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer