Portage County is looking to hire a part-time Family Court Commissioner. This position is 30 hours per week and is eligible for benefits!
Summary of Position:
- The Family Court Commissioner (FCC), as part of the Portage County Circuit Court – Family Court, will provide Portage County residents and the Court with family court services as outlined in state statute.
- FCC will provide judicial offerings and hearings in divorce actions, post-judgment divorce actions, paternity cases, compel support actions, domestic abuse cases, harassment cases, mediation, and public information.
- FCC will provide accurate procedural information and perform the essential functions of his/her job proficiently so as to ensure responsiveness, availability, and efficiency to Portage County residents needing the services of the FCC.
- This incumbent is on call, 24/7 every six weeks for a week to review warrantless arrests over the weekend and to sign warrants.
- Family Court Commissioner also presides over Truancy Court; Monday Intake Court as needed; and covers Chapter 51 Probable Cause Hearings; Chapter 48 Temporary Physical Custody Hearings; Chapter 55 Emergency Protective Placements Hearings for the Courts as requested.
For a full position description, email HR at: HR@co.portage.wi.gov
- Graduation from an American Bar Association accredited law school; Membership in the State Bar of Wisconsin in good standing, and have been licensed to practice law, in any state, for a minimum of three years immediately before appointment
- Five years of public or private law practice preferably involving family law; managerial experience is preferred, but not required.
Portage County offers an AWESOME benefit package, which includes the following;
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- Vacation - available on day one!
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with a High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- Health insurance starting at $19.15 a paycheck!
- Wellness incentive plan offered with health insurance enrollment! Earn up to $600 per year!
- Flexible spending account
- Dental insurance
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan - County contribution of 6.80%!
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hrs/wk)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) - paid by the County
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer