Walk to End Alzheimer's
1. Participate in the walk with a friends or family. CLICK HERE
2. Be a Corporate Sponsor. CLICK HERE
3. Form a Company Team with your employer. CLICK HERE
Why participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s?
Participation in the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® — the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s — provides opportunities for employee and company growth.
Building the case — Alzheimer’s affects your employees.
● 85 percent of care provided at home is delivered by family caregivers.
● 75 percent of caregivers reported being employed full- or part-time at any time since assuming caregiving responsibilities.
● 54 percent of employed caregivers had to go in late, leave early or take time off due to caregiver demands.
The benefits of forming a Company Walk team.
● Build relationships and have fun with colleagues as you work together to fight Alzheimer’s.
● Refine your leadership skills as inspire one another to raise funds that will help the millions of people facing the disease continue to receive the quality care and support they need.
● Achieve a sense of accomplishment by raising funds that will help advance the research that will ultimately put an end to the nation’s sixth- leading cause of death.
The benefits of building a Company Walk team.
● Increase employee engagement, which leads to higher employee retention and productivity.
● Create a positive presence in the community, attracting potential employees, customers and partners.
● Be socially responsible while also showing support for the individuals in your organization who are facing the disease at home.
Other ways to get involved with Walk to End Alzheimer’s:
Join a Walk Planning Committee to take on a leadership role in planning the event.
Volunteer on Walk day.
Host a Walk to End Alzheimer’s kickoff event at your company — a great way to highlight your involvement with the community and your dedication to the Alzheimer’s cause.